Saturday 4 February 2012

Check-In, Check-In, Check-In: Yeah Okay We Get It, You Do Shit



Checking in to blogspot.com after a few days away.

We all understand this feature of Facebook, and when it first came out it was pretty cool. However, some people really use this aspect of Facebook way too much. It's great that we can communicate with everyone on Facebook as to what we are doing, but is it really necessary? Who wants everyone knowing their every move? I certainly don't, and why wouldn't you just status update if you had to?

What really bugs me about checking in is not the ability to do so, but the retard on the other end checking in. Some places people check in and the things they do when they check in just scream "I'm a floppy thrush cock".

Why do people check into their own homes? I mean seriously, what is the point? We all end up home at the end of the day, is it necessary to give away the location of your house? What's worse is people who do it regularly, it's just plain stupid. How is checking into your own home an event or something worth everyone knowing? It's like people who update their status saying something like "eating a sandwich", you just look like a fucking cum bubble. Also your clearly selfish checking into your own home when others have no home to check in to. 

Another one that is as pointless as checking in at your own home is checking in at the gym. Yeah that's great your at the gym and instead of working out you're on your mobile on Facebook checking in and probably on a treadmill walking on speed 4 and incline 0 burning 6 calories an hour. I have a tip for you. Don't take your phone into the gym unless its connected to your arm and playing music. I believe checking in at gyms is contributing to the obesity epidemic in Australia. Together we can fight this disease.

Oh look at you, checking in at a party or an event. That's cute. We all get it, you have friends and you're doing shit. Good for you! We all do shit and go out but we don't feel the need to tell everyone what we are doing because we are having too much fun actually enjoying the night. What's worse is when people check in with 48 people, honestly you don't have 48 friends. You have 4 and thats ok!

I remember when someone asked me on Facebook chat, "do you go out ever cause you rarely check in" to which I replied "Yes, but I don't check in because I don't want creeps like you knowing where I am and I feel no need to validate myself by impressing people with who I hang out with and where I hang out". We haven't spoke since, I might check that person into my next social event and fuck with their head.

Lastly, there is no need to go out at night and check into every location you walk past on a night out. Quit showing off. If I were to check into my night last weekend it would look like this.

- My House
- On my toilet in my house
- Cooking dinner at my friends house with 5 other people
- On my friends toilet and my friends house, he has a house its exciting
- In a taxi heading into the city
- Buying chewing gum at 7 eleven
- Pissing on a wall in an alley way in china town
- At Cookie in a booth
- Walking up to level 4 and individually checking in up until level 11 rooftop bar
- Talking to randoms at roof top bar
- On the toilet at rooftop bar
- Back to friends house, pissed on the lawn and went home

After all these check in's not only would you realise I did things with people, but you would think I had a weak bladder, a complete disregard for urinating in public/indecent exposure and that my high protein diet created a large inconvenience in my life. Check in if you must, but make it good!

I will be creating a check in video to upload in the coming week or two once I find a friend willing to film me in embarrassing situations.


JOIN US ON FACEBOOK, THE LINK IS TO THE RIGHT :D

No comments:

Post a Comment